Comfort food, for me, involves butter. Or a deep fryer. Or at the very least carbs and bacon. Oh I forgot fat, yummy delicious fat. But recently I created a little recipe that actually was the most comforting, flavourful and delicious meal that I’ve had in a long time and doesn’t involve any of the aforementioned. You asked for the recipe, and here it is! I also neglected to mention its painfully simple and healthy – Curried Jalapeño Cauliflower with Saffron Salted Pork and Smoked Corn.
- a large head of cauliflower
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 pork loin
- 1 ear of corn OR 1 can of corn
- 2-3 tbsp of good quality curry powder
- 1 tbsp of saffron salt
1. Cut the cauliflower and jalapeño into small pieces, add to a medium sized pot with the can of coconut milk and boil until the cauliflower is tender.
2. Using an immersion blender, mix the cauliflower until smooth. Add the curry powder and mix until fully blended.
3. Meanwhile cover the pork loin in the saffron salt and cook on the BBQ for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 155 degrees.
4. On the same heated BBQ grill the corn, husk removed until brown. Alternatively, cook the canned corn in a cast iron pan until browned.
5. Place the cauliflower mixture into a bowl, top with smoked corn, and finally place 5-6 pieces of saffron salted pork on top. Add salt and pepper to taste.