Infused olive oil can be used in so many different ways: on a fresh baguette, to fancy up popcorn (homemade truffle infused olive oil, perhaps?) or in this case, to liven up pizza! I basically drizzle this delicious olive oil all over my pizza and use the crust to sop up any leftover oil. (Don’t think about the calories, its fine, FINE.) Infused olive oil is very easy to make–basically add herbs such as rosemary, the aforementioned truffles, thyme, you name it, to oil and warm over low heat for about 20 minutes. Let is cool and all the goodness soak in, then funnel into a glass container.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- 1 heaping tbsp of chili flakes (dried)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Crush your chili flakes using a mortar and pestle (less giant bits to burn your mouth later).
2. Add the flakes to the olive oil in a pan over low heat.
3. Heat for 20 minutes on low.
4. Remove from heat and let cool.
5. Store in a sealed glass container in the cupboard.