Pumpkin spice season continues! There’s no shame in my pumpkin spice game, because I eat this stuff year-round. This easy gluten-free (and paleo and sugar-free, if you wish) recipe is perfect for an after-dinner treat, or even a replacement for sensitive folks who want, but can’t eat, pumpkin pie. It does, after all, taste pretty much like pumpkin pie filling. Enjoy!
- 1 can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling! Don’t cheat!)
- ½ cup milk ( I used coconut milk)
- 4 beaten eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia (or maple syrup, or honey, or nothing)
- cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, etc. to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease six ramekin or custard cups (I use coconut oil cooking spray)
- In a large bowl mix together pumpkin, milk, eggs, spices and sweetener of your choice.
- Pour evenly into ramekins.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with more spice, and be patient for a couple hours; it’s best served cold.