I’m not sure if it’s the insane amount of garlic, or simply that it’s so easy to make, but this salad dressing is easily my most shared recipe. In fact Ashleigh has requested a bottle on one (or two or three) occasions. Here its used in a bacon (of course) and Boursin (ditto) salad, but really it goes with just about everything. Throw all ingredients in a mason jar and shake! Does it get much easier than that?
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 package of cooked bacon, sliced
- 1 package of Boursin (garlic and fine herbs)
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 cloves minced garlic
1. Cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Crop into small pieces.
2. Chop walnuts into small pieces.
3. Mix arugula, bacon, chopped walnuts, and crumbled Boursin in a large bowl.
4. In a mason jar with a tight fitting lid, add olive oil, garlic, water, salt, pepper, mustard, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice. Place lid on jar and shake vigorously.
5. Dress the salad with desired amount of dressing and serve.