Summer means cool, fresh and simple meals. And like any warm blooded woman in the world, I love BBQ meats! A go-to dinner in our house is a simple salad with BBQ meat and tzatziki. Here is our easy recipe for the fastest Greek tzatziki that pairs well with BBQ’d pork or chicken.
- 1 cup of thick Greek yogurt
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of grated cucumber
- 1 tsp each of sea salt and coarse ground pepper
- a squirt of fresh lemon juice to taste
- 3 paper towels (or a clean tea towel)
- Grate the cucumber straight on top of the 3 layers of paper towel, or a clean tea towel.
- Over the sink, squeeze out all the moisture from the cucumber.
- Place the moisture-removed grated cucumber in a bowl.
- Add the 3 cloves of diced garlic.
- Mix in the yogurt, salt, pepper and squirt of lemon juice.